Sunday, March 1, 2009

sigh of relief...

Today was the day. The stress of everything just melted away. I'm not sure what it was about today. Maybe it's because I'm realizing more and more that I can't do it all on my own. And I don't really want to anymore. Maybe it's because I've been praying more. Maybe it's becuase I can actually see a light at the end of this tunnel. I just feel like today I can breathe. It's great!

Workwise: TAKS is in 2 days. I am nervous, but I've done all I can do. It up to the kiddos now. I have an AWESOME student teacher whose time is almost up. I am sad to see her go, but I have no doubt that she will be a great teacher and get hired soon for next year.

Social Life: .

Spiritaully: I went to SPIN with the middle school kids this weekend, and it was pretty fun. There is this one song that really stuck with me called "Your Love Never Fails" by Chris Quilala. You should totally get it on iTunes. The part that struck me was this:

You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning
And when the oceans rage
I don’t have to be afraid
Because I know that you love me
And your love never fails
I was talking with a friend and we were both just thinking about how we don't really believe that God loves us all the time, which is why I try to get things accomplished for myself. I feel that if I don't do for myself, who will take care of me? I rarely believe that God's got my back. So this song was comforting.
Okay that's all I got. Oh! One more thing, I think I'm going to be able to get my camera this weekend! So Ericka, Chelsi, you're invited to come help me. I have no idea what things I will need to buy in addition to my Nikon D 60!!!!! I'm excited. okay that's really all.

J'Layne

5 comments:

EO said...

Ok, I didn't know you were getting a camera?? I am a Canon user myself, but I think that Nikon is about the equivalent of the Canon I have. I would love to show you some stuff!

Love your new blog layout! I of course love that picture of you :). You should come model for me and let me have some REAL fun!

So glad you are feeling relieved. I am quite opposite and have been praying less. I can feel it. Ugh.

Love you.

EO said...

Ok, I'm guessing you are getting a "kit lens"? But in addition to that kit lens, I HIGHLY recommend getting a 50mm lens that everyone should start out with. I think Nikon's version is the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D.

Also I would recommend getting a couple of sizes of memory cards (1gig, 2gig), a back up battery, and a camera bag.

Also, buy online, not in a store! I recommend Adorama or BH. Let me know if you want to talk before you buy anything.

EO said...

Also, download Picasa. It's FREE and a great way to be able to edit your photos.

Um, ok sorry I have hijacked your comments section. I get a little excited. I'm stopping now.

EO said...

Last thing, if you decide to switch over to the Canon side, I will give you my 50mm 1.8 for $1. (no kidding!)

EO said...

Dangit just call me. You could just have my kit lens too. Unless you're committed to Nikon.