Sunday, April 19, 2009

Countdown begins

I hate this time of year. It starts to get warmer, all of the TAKS tests are over with...which means we've taught everything. So we have 6 weeks of crap school to fill up the time until the end of the year. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

My grad school classes for summer start up during the last week of school. So that means that I will have class two nights during the last week when I'm supposed to be packing up my classroom.

I also signed up to do summer school. I am excited about that because I will get to help some kiddos, and I will make great money to pay for grad school. the major downside is that there is no break between school being out and summer school starting. The last day of school is Friday, and we have in service on Monday with the kids arriving for summer school on Tuesday. Luckily, it's shorter week-wise this summer: only 4 weeks instead of 8. But the days are longer; more like a regular school day.

I am really just looking forward to July. Grad school class will be over, summer school will be over. Lissa and I are going to find lumberjack mountain men at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, and the rest is history! Glorious Summer, get here already!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

bring on the mountain men.
i need some flannel in my life.

J'Layne said...

thoughts of rugged mountain men are the ONLY thing getting me through right now. Thanks God, for lustful thoughts of beards.