Wednesday, March 30, 2011

eh.

i've been a tad hermit-y over the last week. a few fun plans have fallen through, i had a major test to take, and i am on financial shutdown. makes a person a little nutty.

did have some bright spots: got to have dinner with Cheryl, which was great. I haven't gotten to hang out with her since my birthday, so it had been awhile. i also had a great run on sunday at the rock n roll half marathon. i saw a bunch of my coppell running peeps, who i never see anymore. that was nice. i also got to have a nice long conversation with my friend Casey last night. I actually enjoyed talking on the phone. it's a miracle. i might try it more often.

i was really tired today, but i forced myself to go to small group. it's sometimes easier to just avoid people when you're kind of in that "what am i doing with my life" mindset. i went, i shared, i came home. it was good.

hazel jumped into blinker's food bag tonight and had a total feast. i don't even know how she reached the opening... i hope she doesn't poop in my bed.

nothing special. but this is what happens when you don't watch TV for 40 days. dealing with crap becomes a daily ritual, instead of numbing it with shows about fake people's lives. or real people who are trashy, like the housewives of ANY TOWN or teem moms or really fat people who want to be called losers.

i miss my trashy peeps. hope they're okay out there in TV world.

j'layne

No comments: