Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Over it.

My knees/legs hurt. I am afraid I won't be able to finish my marathon.

I am super excited to get out of Dallas this weekend with Lissa! Although I may be crawling by the time the weekend is over, I will have a break, and I will be able to say that I did it!

Work is a straight up beating. I literally cannot wait for each weekend to get here.

I am planning a poetry unit with my class, which I'm really excited about, because I've always wanted to teach poetry but it's never been in my curriculum.

Dave Ramsey's plan is so super hard. I am seriously afraid that I will never be able to spend money ever again. Now that I know how to eat healthy (and spend a million dollars doing it), I am trying (pretty successfully) to make it healthy and cost-effective. I was super proud the other week when I planned a menu, using many spices and non-perishables that I alredy had, and only spent $30 for 3 weeks worth of dinners! (I get free breakfast at work, and I drink meal replacement shakes for lunch).

I think that by August, I will be on Step 3(b)- according to Dave- that is where one who rents should start saving to buy a house. After debt is paid off, after 3-6 months of income is saved. Fingers crossed. Then he says the mortgage should be 1/4 of my monthly income, on a 15 year fixed rate mortgage. That means for a $150,000 house, I will have to save up $72,000 to put down. That will take me 55 months, or about 4.5 years. Really?!?!?!

Oh Lordy.

Enough. I'm just trying to make it to the weekend.

Here's hope for the big picture, and an attempt to refuse to let the details overwhelm me:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Eph 3:14-21

No comments: