Saturday, March 19, 2011

Miami Beach

To say that my Spring Break was relaxing and awe inspiring would be an understatement. I seriously had a wonderful time in Miami Beach with Missy. To begin, I had an adventure at DFW when I realized that my gate had changed and it was about 30 minutes before my flight was going to depart- which meant that it was boarding already when I'm peeing in the bathroom, looking at my watch. Whoops! I had to hustle over there to make it on time. As I was speed walking up to the counter, they were announcing over the intercom, "...Last call for passenger Sundberg..." Oh man. I barely made it.


Once I got to New Orleans, I was busy eating some chicken and andouille gumbo whilst playing Rebecca from work on Words with Friends. She just so happens to be a Katrina evacuee who never went back to New Orleans. I definitely rubbed it in that I was eating some good home cooking!

When I got to Miami, Missy picked me up, and took me to her quaint art deco apartment building to get settled in. It had just the right amount of space! She had even gotten me breakfast foods and some delicious cream for my morning coffee. That was super thoughtful. She is a great hostess. Then we went to Yogurbella for some delish fro yo. (No, there's not supposed to be a "t" in Yougurbella.) I had the very hip coconut yogurt with mango bubbles- like what you would have in bubble tea. I knew Amy would be proud of me. Missy, on the other hand, got strawberry yogurt with cap'n crunch and chocolate chips. She's so grown up! ha! She really liked it though, so that's all that matters.



Missy ane Me at the Dog Beach on Key Biscayne.

I knew from that moment when I made fun of her about her yogurt and she popped right back that our relationship hadn't changed a bit. We spent the week going out to eat, going to the beach, having wonderful conversations, and updating each other on life. It was so relaxing to have absolutely no schedule. We just talked about a few things that we might like to do the next day as we were winding down over dinner or drinks. It was awesome!


Me and Missy jumping for joy at Spring Break finally being here!


We got to go to some cool places that Missy had never been to since living in Miami, which was fun for both of us. I spent some time solo, doing my own exploring up and down Miami Beach. I also got to take some great ocean-view runs in the mornings! It was quite beautiful and relaxing. I will leave you with a final view of the beautiful Miami Beach Coastline.


View of the beach right off Lincoln Drive.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I love this blog. SO glad you came to visit and happy you had such a nice time. Where are the rest of the pictures?

J'Layne said...

They're on my computer. I believe I was told not to post any without permission! Haha! So I haven't put any more up yet.