Monday, May 9, 2011

Side Business...

Okay, it's official. I have an Etsy. I want to make some extra cash, but also make it doing something I like and enjoy- something crafty. It took me awhile to figure out what I could produce and sell that I could make relatively quickly- obviously knitting baby blankets isn't my fastest method of turn out.

Then, I thought about when I had so much fun a few years ago learning how to make greeting cards. My friend Cheryl had her mom come and teach a bunch of us girls how to make some really cute cards! Then, about 2 months ago, my friend Michelle had a stampin' up card making party. I went, and had a great time yet again making my own cards. I bought some fun stamp sets, and began toying with different designs.

I have given away about 20 of the cards I've made, all to rave reviews. I also posted some on facebook to see if people would like them enough to buy them. I found that many people do like them. We'll see if it really takes off or not, but for now, I'm diving in. I have made the committment to work on cards for an hour each day. I can usually make 3 coordinating cards in that time. I think that's partly because I'm coming up with all new designs and ideas, and I'm also trying to use all of the paper goods that I have before purchasing more. This is proving to be quite the task. I hope that in the summer, I'll really be able to build it up so that I can keep it going during the next school year.

Now, time for the shameless plug: jlayne.etsy.com

Go check it out. If you like what you see....let me know!

J'Layne

No comments: