Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm not "that girl"

I just have to get something off my chest real quick:

I am not a "nice Christian girl".

I never will be.

In addition to being a Believer, I love talking, thinking, learning, understanding, questioning, and hearing other points of view as well as sharing mine.

^&^ SO sorry if this freaks you out, men of the world ^&^. Really. I'm sorry you can't deal with me being who I am.

I'm never going to just sit and stare blankly, smile and nod, and flip my hair behind my shoulders, a la "nice Christian girl" - all of which are married with 4 babies already.

I am worth more than that.

If you can't handle the level of intelligence I have and aren't willing to engage me in conversation in that regard, then I will just continue to be single.

That's what intimacy before marriage is- CONVERSATION. Look it up.


J'Layne

^&^ dentoes sarcasm - in case you couldn't tell.

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

You go girl! Don't settle. If they can't handle your awesomeness, then they're just not awesome enough! I <3 your amazing mind and heart. :)

(Sounds as tho the dating scene has been a bit rough? Sucks, and I'm sorry!)