Sunday, November 8, 2009

News, Plans, etc.

Headaches: MRI came back clean, with the exception of sinus build up in one of the sinus cavities. Doc gave me Midrin for headaches. Bloodwork showed a Vitamin D deficiency, so I am taking pills for that. Still trying to figure out what is causing headaches.

Job news is this: I am teaching in the Dual Language Program next year. This means I will teach 2 sets of students. While I am teaching one group in English, my teammate will be teaching the same material in Spanish. We will trade groups weekly. I will only see my homeroom students half the year, and I will see my teammate's students for half the year.

I had a fun day today. Got to see lots of friends I haven't seen in awhile. I guess I'm at the stage where coworkers are starting to move on, and it becomes more difficult to see them when they're not at work everyday. So it was good to see some old friends today.

I also went to a film festival at the angelika tonight. It was pretty fun/interesting. Some of the films were beyond my comprehension. Some were really great. It was a good time! I also went to Breadwinners for the first time, and it was good. I guess their breakfast is the most popular thing on the menu, so I'll have to go check it out sometime.

Trying to decide what to do in regards to buying a house. I really really really want a place of my own, but my meager little salary won't get me my own place, plus pay for grad school, plus pay for car, plus pay for food, plus retirement fund, plus offering. I'm going to have to start deciding what to do...where I can scrimp, where I can afford to make this thing happen. Just don't want to do it out of compulsion or really rush it. I have just been wanting it for such a long time. I mean, I guess I've waited 2 years longer than I wanted to....I can wait another year. But that thought just makes my skin crawl. It is really hard to live out of one room and feel like I'm "home". I feel more at home in my classroom, or at my parent's. Ah well. It's not a horrible situation, just feels cramped at times. It would be so cool to have another bedroom for an office/craft room. I'm getting dreamy about it now. Time to go a-looking on ebby.com!

J'Layne

2 comments:

EO said...

Hey you... love reading your blog updates lately. I am relieved the MRI came back clean, but I also know how frustrating it is to have no answers. Exciting changes for you next year in your job! Let me know if you need some help shopping for houses, it is my absolutely favorite thing to do! (Um, I've had 3 houses in 10 years, maybe I need help?). Love you!

Carmelle, Vincent, Tristan, Caleb, and Brayden Martinez said...

It's good that the MRI came back clean. Headaches can come from just about anything. Probably should just wait for another symptom to show up and then investigate again.
The Dual Language Program sounds neat!! I have never heard of it!!
As for the house, it is such a good investment but you don't want to overwhelm yourself. Those payments can be scary. The longer you wait, the more you save up, the better the house you can get. And, believe me, that would be SO worth it.
Love your blog- keep 'em coming!! :)