Sunday, November 29, 2009

Semester Over!!!

Ha. I wish. I still have a few more assignments to get done, but now more than ever, I am looking forward to my Christmas Break. I am just beat. The cool thing is that I only have 3 weeks of work school (3rd grade), and I will miss 3 of those days. So really it's 12 days of work, not 15. Is that wrong? I am rejoicing. I'm also very happy for a month break from grad school. it won't start back up until jan 19.

Thanksgiving was fun, if uneventful. I cooked a smorgasbord with my mom. I made homemade mac and cheese and it was delish! I'm going to have to make that mess again. You can get the recipe here. I also made maple pumpkin cheesecake. So good! It is a great recipe. Nice change from pumpkin pie, which I get tired of.

I got some of my christmas shopping done this week. I took advantage of living it up in Dallas (aka watching my two favorite kittens in my life!!!), and went to knox henderson for some crate and barrel goodies. I am still trying to figure out what to get Nathan for Christmas. (that is my brother, not a boy toy so don't even ask). I have mom and dad done. I know what I'm getting amy. still working on a few other people....

Papa is coming for Christmas this year! I am very happy about that. He wasn't going to, but I kept trying to beg him over the summer, and it worked.


Very last note: my pastor, Matt Chandler, had a seizure on Thanksgiving morning. After tests, etc. at the hospital a small mass was discovered on his frontal lobe. No one knows what it is yet, but he has an appointment with a neurologist on Tuesday. If you pray, say a prayer for him.

J'Layne

No comments: